If you set up your accounts now, you won’t be in a rush when you are ready to publish your book.
There are several options for publishing, and while you may not use them all, pre-setting up your account is a wise choice. In most cases, your account will be approved within minutes. However, you may have issues with others, and that can cause a delay in publishing.
Here is a short list of publishing sources.
- www.IngramSpark.com (ebook / POD)
- kdp.Amazon.com (Kindle Direct Publishing)
- www.CreateSpace.com (POD)
- www.NookPress.com (ebook / POD)
- Apple iBooks (iTunes Connect)* (ebook / POD)
- www.Smashwords.com (ebook)
- www.BookBaby.com (ebook / POD)
* You will need a Mac with OS X 10.9 or later, or use a third party to submit your books. If you don’t have a Mac with OS X 10.9 or later, you may choose to work with an Apple-approved aggregator to submit and offer books on iBooks.
There are several more options for publishing your work. The point is to choose the options that best fit your needs.
Feel free to comment below with your favorites.