Not counting vacations, the average writer has about 200 working days a year. As a self-publishing author, time is precious and the thought of self-marketing can quickly become overwhelming.
Here’s a few quick tips you may try. Commit to doing one simple marketing item every day. By the end of the year you will have a huge marketing campaign.
- Send a thank you to a customer. Preferably handwritten.
- Write a post about how someone has used or is using your product or service.
- Write a short article about something in your industry.
- Record a how-to video to help your customers accomplish something.
- Come up with at least 5 new ideas on how to improve what you offer.
- Share a sample chapter of your latest book
- Join a social network
- Participate in a discussion group
- Write a killer, error-free bio for your blog
- Request to guest post on another blog
- Ask at least 2 professionals to guest post on your blog
- Offer signed copies of your book as a contest (collect emails)
- Start a newsletter