Most readers like to know more about their favorite authors. Amazon’s Author Central allows you to obtain easy access to your photo, biography, and bibliography to learn more about you and the books your have authored. With the new Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Fire HD, learning about you and your writing is only 60 seconds away.
Take advantage of Author Central and this new Kindle feature:
- Sign in to your Author Central Account. Register or use your Amazon Account log in.
- Claim your books. Click the “Books” Tab, and “Add more books”. You can search for your books by title, author name, or ASIN number.
- Set up a profile. Click the “Profile” tab. If you have any questions, click the “learn more” link in each section.
- – Add a coherent, error-free bio;
- – Add your Blog Feed. If you maintain an author blog, then your most recent posts will display on your Author page on Amazon.
- – Author Page URL. This is your Author page on Amazon.
- – Add a photo. I recommend using a photo of you, not your pet, or a cartoon.
- – Video. Do you have a book trailer video or a how-to?
- Sales Info. This will show your Create space print sales / current book rank for ebooks and POD (print on demand).
- Customer Reviews. This allows you to view the most current reviews for all your books in one area.
Easily change the description or Editorial review for all your books in one area, rather than individually through KDP.
- Click the “Books” Tab. All your books your claimed will be listed on the page.
- Click the title of the book your want to edit. This displays Editorial Reviews, Book Details, Book Extras
- Under Editorial Reviews, click Edit/Add
In Author Central, you can make your description text bold or italic, or add bullet or numbered lists (unlike in the KDP area).
NOTE: any editorial/description changes you make in Author Central will NOT be displayed in KDP, but they WILL be correctly displayed on your Amazon Product sales page. This is a bug in the Amazon system. For easier management of your books, I suggest you make all descriptive changes through your Author Central accont.